Cell Phone Policy
The School District of Philadelphia prohibits students from using personal cell phones during school hours on school grounds, school-sponsored activities and on buses or other vehicles provided by the School District. The principal has the authority to address issues that are disruptive to the academic environment that may arise from the improper use of telecommunication devices.
In the event that a student is observed using a cell phone during the school day the following will occur:
- First Infraction- Warning by teacher/staff member. (Teacher logs date into the google doc)
- Second Infraction- Device surrendered to office, returned at the end of the day. Warning letter sent to student’s home.
- Third Infraction- Device surrendered, submitted to office, device held until the end of the day (2:40 PM), returned to parent/guardian after the form is signed by parent and student indicating knowledge of policy and future steps.
- Fourth Infraction- Device surrendered, submitted to office. Device held until the end of the week. Returned to parent/guardian at close of the workday (2:40 PM) after form is signed indicating acknowledgement of policy and future steps.
- Fifth Infraction- Device surrendered, not to be returned until the end of the school year. If item is not claimed it may be donated to charity, sold with proceeds going to school use, or recycled.